The Datastream Database
Datastream Advance brings Datastream's unrivalled financial databases to your Windows desktop through a fully-featured
interface and a powerful set of add-ins that enable integration with your MS Office applications.
Combining easy to use pre-formatted graphics and report templates with truly flexible charting functionality, Advance 4.0 meets
the needs of new starters and power users alike. The Advance for Office add-ins seamlessly integrate the power and range of Datastream
data with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. The Datastream Advance embedded browser enables integration with other Thomson Financial
internet products and usage guidance and support from our own extranet site. And now Advance 4.0 delivers an enhanced, up to date,
and fully integrated browser based series lookup using the Datastream Navigator.
Key Benefits and Functionality:
- Set up dynamic links to Microsoft Excel, Word. and PowerPoint.
- Create static, time-series, and company fundamentals data requests.
- Resize and reposition charts.
- Create lists straight from a highlighted range in Excel - perfect for the fund manager wanting a simple way to upload Portfolio constituents to Datastream for further analysis.
- A Request Manager that enables you to view and edit embedded data tables and graphs.
- A Request Table that allows you to create and maintain large numbers of related data requests without writing VBA code.
Content available on Datastream Advance:
- Detailed index related data across global markets, including valuation measures and constituent lists
- Global and sector indices information
- Exchange-traded derivatives data
- Global investment research
- Detailed information on fixed income and equity securities around the world
- Current and historical fundamental data Indicative foreign exchange and money markets data
- Real-time financial news from the Dow Jones Newswire
- Closing prices for OTC bond instruments
- Global forecast and historical economics data
- Interest and exchange rates
© 2005 The Thomson Corporation
The Worldscope Fundamentals Database
Worldscope Fundamentals are available on Datastream Advance
The comprehensive coverage available on Worldscope represents more than 96% of the world's market value and includes:
- Detailed information on over 40,000 public companies in more than 50 developed and emerging markets. This includes 31,000 active and
9,000 inactive companies
- Up to 20 years of historical data
- Annual, interim and preliminary data
Worldscope data is collected from corporate documents such as annual reports and press releases, exchange and regulatory agency
filings, and newswires.
This information enables you to conduct comprehensive analytical modeling and comparisons using more than 1,500 data elements on
each company record, including:
- Company Profile Information including: Business description, address, stock nomenclature, SIC and Dow Jones codes, country & region
codes, senior officers, investor relations contact information, major shareholders, product & geographic segment break down, auditor
quality of the information you receive.
- Financial Statements Data including: balance sheet items, income statement items, cash or funds flow statement items, supplementary
data, and footnotes to financial statements.
- Financial Ratios (annual and 5-year averages) including: Growth rates, profitability, leverage, liquidity, asset utilization,
foreign business statistics, loan losses and deposits (for banks), earning assets (for insurance companies), footnotes to financial ratios
- Security and Market Data including: Fully adjusted pricing information, annual stock data including dividend and per share
data (EPS, cash flow, book value,etc.), month end market prices, stock performance data (current, annual, 5- year averages),
exchange rates, accounting practices
© 2005 The Thomson Corporation